The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Monday, January 19, 2009

18 wonderful years

18 years is how long I have been married as of today. WOW, am I even old enough to be married for that long? Oh yes, I turned 40 in December, but still I must have been married very young. 18 years and 8 children, this is a good blessed life. I have a great hubby.

Maybe you wonder why I would spend 9 hours in a gym to watch some high school wrestling on Saturday. I mean Mackenzie is my only high schooler, and we all know she does not wrestle. However, my friend Skeeter has a son who is a junior, I have known him since he was about 4 hours old. Lets just say he has grown a tiny bit since then as he laces up the shoes and snaps on the head gear at a lean mean 215lbs!! Skeeter, you may remember saved some of my children from being naked about a month ago in another warm gym. There's a friend of Mackenzie's who wrestles as well, he is also a friend of the family. Not to mention for my hubby (of 18 years) this is a dreamy day!!

2 STATE QUALIFIERS!! Yes indeed, I spent another day in a gym yesterday. Came out with 2 state qualifiers and 2 champs. Cael had one other boy in his bracket and so had to win the best of 3 matches, and had 2 pins. Carter had 4 other boys in his bracket, including a tough competitor who gives us great matches. Yesterday the other boy was on and out wrestled us, Carter was not feeling well and wrestling worse, but still found a way to win. I was proud of both of them. Now to the USA State meet in Cedar Falls to wrestle in the UNI Dome in March.

Have I had my full of wrestling? Nah, I really cannot think of any other way I would want to spend these winter months. Back to back days, gone, sitting in gyms (these do get smelly), I get into it. I love watching my boys, and have met a ton of great people. Monday, and back to the daily, and weekly life in a home with 10 people and 1 dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment