The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Monday, December 29, 2008

The year is ending

I can hardly wait to start tracking my savings. Over the last few days I have saved around $80, I am eager to share this with everyone. My mom and I find this to be a thrill!! I consider it to be like a big kill, or how a hunter or fisher must feel when he "gets the big one" I grew up watching my mother coupon and refund, and I had to tell her about all the deals I was getting, now she beats me almost every time. Not that there is a contest, but she gets some GREAT deals. We all benefited from those as we were given some practical and useful Christmas gifts this year.

It was the season for a pared back Christmas, and it was perfect, I did not feel overwhelmed by the amount of things we were given, each was so thoughtful and perfect. My mother in law gave me a beautiful necklace, that I have worn each day, along with my favorite necklace she gave me years ago. Also some awesome smelling shampoo and conditioner - I must say my hair smells pretty good! Dean got some items for golfing, which he really loves to do, now we just have to get him on the course a few more times. He golfed a few times with his brothers last year.

Oh, I also got a new popcorn popper from my sister in law Kathy, I have used it 3 times since I got it - it works like a charm!! Love that hot air popped corn.

I have has a secret santa the last few years. I usually get a lifesaver book which thrills me for sentimental reasons. Well this year there was no lifesaver book - bad economical times? NOPE, a few days after Christmas I was walking by the big tree and something caught my eye, low and behold there was a gift for me. This had gone unseen as we used the little tree in the family room to gather around this year. The secret santa had struck, no lifesaver book this year, this year I was gifted a brand new cordless phone!! Seems my secret santa began to feel bad about me being stuck to the kitchen wall while I talked. I have really come to love this tradition. I really like to get gifts. I made mention around the house yesterday that I was in need of a new dishwasher and front door if my secret santa happened to overhear - hahah!! THANK you secret santa - this has become a real joy for me each year.

Ever wonder how much it costs to toilet paper a family of 10? I have been wondering this and thought, well since I am tracking my savings and weight loss, why not track toilet paper expense as well. Might be an interesting figure. I think I will have a contest, let people put in a guess and give something away to the winner. Sort of like guess the number of jelly beans in the jar. Send me an email if you want to guess - happelcrew@iowatelecom.net. Prize to be determined at the end of the contest! Remember I am going to be as frugal as possible this year, however, this will not involve resuing the tp.

No comments:

Post a Comment