The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Greatest Mother's Day gift

Well, I would have to say the very best gift I have ever gotten from my children is the gift of being a part of the life God has planned for them.  This year my children gave me a gift they assured me I would love and were so eager for me to open it, they were asking if I would open it on Friday.

What I opened today was a deck of cards, it was hole punched and held together by a ring.  The top card said '52 Reasons Why We Love You'.  Each card on the inside has a typed message attached with clear tape.  They were touching and funny both.  They were like a reflection of our lives, how I love to live simple, enjoying what we have while we have it,  and it quite possibly the best material gift I have received. They worked together for the majority, and each one had a specific card.  Here are the reasons I am loved:

1. You live life to the fullest every day.
2. You're motivated.
3. You're adventurous.
4. You help us with boy/girl issues.
5. You give good hugs.
6. You're content.
7. You're hilarious.
8. You love us.
9. You're determined.
10. You give great advice.
11. You're beautiful.
12. You had Mackenzie.
13. You make good bread - Quincy
14. You wipe my butt - Kyler
15. You had Quincy.
16. You teach us how to save money.
17.You had Jaycie.
18. You buy Arnold Palmer - Cael
19.You drive us places.
20.You had Addelynn
21. You're our teacher.
22. You take care of us.
23. You love life.
24. You had Kyler.
25. You showed us King of the Hill.
26. You do our laundry.
27. You're buying us a moped - Carter
28. You take me for walks - Cade
29. You dance in public.
30. You give me medicine when I am sick - Addy
31. You had Carter.
32.You're patient with dad.
33. You're strict with neighbor kids.
34. You're my best friend - Mackenzie
35.You're always there for us.
36. You had Cael
37. You give great nicknames.
38.You get me juice - Jaycie
39. You had Cade.
40.You're a good cleaner.
41.You take me to Kacha's - Reegan
42. You have a great balance beam routine. (you would need to have been here to understand)
43. You're the best supporter.
44. You feed us well.
45. You help deal with drama.
46.You're a great cheerleader.
47. You make sure we have clothes.
48.You have a great taste in music.
49. You had Reegan.
50. You are a bad driver.
51. You're great at yelling across gyms.
52. You're a cowgirl hippie.

I am going to treasure this.

Happy Mother's Day!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment