The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

What happens next?

When you approach a day like I did last Friday and it ends like all other days, what happens next?

Well, lets back track to Friday, my friend who was excited to be an old pregnant lady with me, well she and I spent most of the day together. We went to a town nearby with Amish stores and we shopped, and ate, and blew out weekly budgets. We laughed and we thought about getting tattoos! Well it was a passing thought anyway. I had a very nice day with her.

Why did I write such an entry? I felt God asking me to. Throughout the whole thing the one thing I would have changed is the outcome but not what I have learned about myself through the process. It bothered me that I could not witness through this, but with my post I have been able to. I have had others share their story and their heartache and for that I am happy. We do not have to hide these thing and we do not have to "get over it". I have had many messages, and even a card sent to me. The outpouring of love was amazing. Thank you to all.

Saturday Dean tried telling me we were on a date, but what we were really doing was working at the concession stand in Iowa City at the Hawkeye football game. We were doing it as a fund raiser and truth be told, it was fun.

Lost my voice on Sunday morning, surely my Dean was lonely without me talking. It did start to return later that day, but is still not back to normal yet.

Monday I went to a junior high wrestling meet and back at it again today. With classes tomorrow it makes 3 short days in a row for getting "stuff" done around here. I have decided to go with the flow. It will all get done in its time. No need for stressing. "Stuff" can quickly take over joy. I want to enjoy what I have, including the day to day. When I first came home I remember how being a homemaker felt so right. That feeling I am 0n a mission to recapture.

No comments:

Post a Comment