The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Day 2

Today we were up and on the road at 8:13am EST or 7:13am back home. We were 13 minutes behind schedule. Oh well. Some may be my part, I accidentally slept in. The luggage did not quite fit in the same way it did yesterday and some was threatening to fall onto Mackenzie. Jaycie started out the same way she finished yesterday - crying. We went through KY and let me tell you - it was fantastic! Beautiful and amazing, totally a work of art created by God. We also went into VA, which makes the equation 12 days, 11 people and 10 states. We then found our way to Kingsport TN at 1:30.

We have been playing this game called "Waffle House". Waffle House is where you yell "Waffle House" every time you see one. I currently am smoking everyone!!

While in KY, we saw a van FOR SALE that was shaped and painted like the Mystery Machine. Just like it - even had the words painted on it. I was thinking I would look pretty good in that van.

Took turns picking out songs on Mackenzie's ipod. The boys' songs always required us to turn up the bass. I am sure that a large white van tootling down the road with music up, bass high, painted windows, nine kids, and wall to wall luggage is a happen' sight. We may be able to one up ourselves if we bought that Mystery Machine and let all the kids pile out the back of it when we get somewhere.

Cashier of the day came at the first pit stop. I ran in for a few suckers for the kids and plopped down 12 on the counter. The young guy behind the counter in his great accent says "those are either .25 or .35 so $3 is close enough". Thank you cute cashier guy with the great accent.

Oh, Mackenzie saw a mullet today.

The boys weigh in tomorrow about 11 and then a team cookout will follow. The eat fest will begin. I for one, will be glad when the weight management is over for our house for this season. I have been in charge of getting food for the cookout and for sandwiches for Saturday and making and organizing. Been busy with that this evening and will be tomorrow too. Wrestling begins tomorrow night with opening ceremonies at 5:30. My boys wrestle 3 times tomorrow night 6, 7:15 and 8:30.

This evening after the boys had a team workout they went to this place called Fun Expedition. I took the six remaining children with me and we hit our favorite drive through burger place here in Kingsport - Pals!! We took Pals back to the hotel to enjoy? No way, we took Pals to the laundry mat to eat on a table used for folding laundry and did 4 loads of laundry. I find laundry mats intriguing. Everyone has a story as to why they are there.

I am feeling very blessed right now. Blessed to have this family, blessed to be away for a while, and blessed to have talented boys who are representing their state this weekend. Blessed above and beyond anything I could ask for.

I finished my book last night and I highly recommend it. Mackenzie is reading it now and having the same issues with being able to put it down that I had. I was going to start a new one but could not take my eyes off the scenery. It was so incredible. The weather here is also fabulous (sorry IA folks).

Well I have a notebook in the van with everything jotted down that I wanted to write about tonight but I am too lazy to walk out and get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment