The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Continued...

I thought some more about kids growing up and whether or not I have remembered to enjoy it. One thing I would like to clear up is alone (me) time. I think time for a mom to remember they are also a woman, a person, a non spit rag is of vital importance. I recently read a blog of a friend who got some alone time and enjoyed a coffee and down time. I felt so excited for her, she works hard and her hubby is gone a lot with coaching ( I can relate to this ). These times are so needed. I am referring to the times in my life that I have been resentful. Times long ago and times more recent. I want to make sure I do not see this job in a resentful eye.

Here is another thing I was thinking more on; watching Quincy cry Saturday and I am reminded that I used to tell him what a good crier he was when he was a toddler, this kid could cry. He has always enjoyed the extra love and seriously did not want to quit nursing. Quincy may have a few more years where he uses tears as a release. When I take the time to remember, it makes so much more sense. Carter - when I was watching him yesterday I really wanted to get into that chair and hold him on my lap. The memories of him running through my house with a naked bottom while he was trying to learn to potty, and it is safe to say, he was a slow learner. He still cuddles beside me now and then, and let me say, I do treasure when he does. The doc told him how mature he seemed and that surgery should go very easy for him. Mature? my guy who runs naked through the house, colors himself with marker, takes himself down in a double leg? Oh wait that is what he was, not what he is now. Recently my sister found some old photos from daycare days, and there is Mackenzie all of one, and wow, didn't I bake that cookie for her first birthday just last week? Now she will be a high school graduate next year. What happened?? Where is the little girl who used to have 13 songs for us to watch her dance to?

Ok, enough, the preggo hormones have me in tears.

An interesting fact I have noticed; I was working out for 7 months before I found out I was pregnant, and I have consistently worked out through this pregnancy. I find it interesting that a workout I could do with ease just a month ago takes more work now. Also I can get sore from doing the same thing I have been doing for months. It interests me to see how much the body changes. I cannot be losing my fitness levels, at least I would think not, but instead the changes in my body are making are causing the differences. I find it amazing, God is so good!

1 comment:

  1. I have a hard time not being resentful when hubby gets to leave the house, along with eat, pee and sit alone. I do think alone time is a necessity to refuel for our most important job of motherhood! Thanks for the reminder to take each day to love and cherish the little ones while they are still little!

    ReplyDelete