The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Today's Deals

Today is Wednesday which means my day "in town". I found some fabulous deals I would like to share with everyone and had a fantastic time stretching my dollars.

First stop was the bread store where I got two loaves of bread, two packages of bagels and 6 packages of buns for $8.48. Who needs six packages of buns? Not me, only two but the other four are being donated to Grace Bible Church where my kids go to youth groups, and they so generously feed them dinner each Wednesday night. They give you this great punch card that once you fill up with 20 punches you get a dollar off your next order, which is really a free loaf of bread.

Next stop was Walgreens. Where I got three boxes of Puffs, three bags of chips and five 12 packs of pop for $22 and change. Puffs with coupon were .89. The chips were $2 a piece and the pop 5 twelve packs for $15. When I spent $20 on Pepsi/Doritos/Tostitos, they gave me back $10. Now I have $10 to spend later in the store, which I will roll into more free things!! Sorry, I still love my diet pepsi. As you can imagine we do a lot of nose blowing here and it is delightful to do it with soft tissue!



Next stop Fareway where the 4 four packs of toilet paper cost me .80. Fareway sells this brand for $1.19, in Sunday's paper there was a coupon for $1 off which makes these $.19 a piece. Not sure on the softness or absorbency, but honestly I do not really care, and neither would you if you went through as much tp as we do here. The kids and Dean like their ice cream. Fareway had it 2/$5. Not the cheapest I have seen it, however the pizza was free with is, which made is really 2/$4 and that is a good deal.

Ok, remember last week when I discovered the gas discount at Hy-Vee? Today I grabbed the mystery buys sheet. On it was the two products shown here. I had coupons for both of these which gave me $2.25 more off (and they were on sale). Why not just throw these in the oven for the Super Bowl on Sunday? When I got to the checkout the lady handed me a paper sack and told me that is was Wacky Wednesday which means anything I can fit in the bag was an additional 10% off. WOW, I could fit it all in there except the chocolate milk I bought. This gave me an additional $2 off plus the coupons I had for the two above items and some more frozen pizza's I got my total savings was $5.25. Then I took my receipt to the gas station and and save $.17 A GALLON on my gas. Five cents just for shopping, six cents for EACH mystery buy. Wacky Wednesday for anyone wondering is the first Wednesday of the month. That is when you can get the 10% off whatever you can fit in the bag. Any day of the week you can get the gas discount.

Next stop was Dollar General where I paid $2 for 8 pretty smelling spray. Another thing we go through a lot with the number of people using our bathroom for #2. Or Quincy just being Quincy.

If you can ever pick up these things for free or almost and you do not use them (like liners), I would almost guarantee that a local women's shelter or crisis pregnancy center would love to have them.

Here is what Mackenzie did while I was gone, this is my changing table a very organized changing table with Jaycie's diapers on top, Kyler in the middle and Cade on the bottom. I love it!! She is so sweet and did this without being asked, and she enjoyed herself doing it.

This is our dog Jack, on my computer! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Speaking of Mackenzie, she got a 100% on her speech the other night. 100% is key here as the teacher has NEVER given a 100% before in her speech classes. NEVER!! She said she could not find anything at all to mark down here speech. This was a story telling speech where she told the story of when we packed out cat before leaving for the weekend in out suitcase only to discover it about 5 hours later in a hotel in Des Moines, ask her to tell you sometime, it is a good story.

No comments:

Post a Comment