The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Monday, September 7, 2009

WOW, has it been this long?

Dean told me today that I have not been updating my blog like I should be. To which I replied you are so right! I really want this to be one of those things that I can print out each year and throw in a binder so my children can look back on this and read about our lives. So again, I will try and be more prompt.

So what have we been doing? Well we went to the state fair and the Neal R Smith National Wildlife Refuge. Great fun! Survived the state fair not being run over by a gator, a golf cart, or one of those motorized cart things that a lot of people seem to be using as their mode of transportation.

Carter started football. Tackle again this year. He is playing QB and what I call a fart in a skillet on defense. I think he calls it outside linebacker. They had a jamboree and so got to see him play a little bit, which is where I came up with the nick name "fart in a skillet" the kid is everywhere.

Cael and Reegan will start flag football this week.

Mackenzie got 4 parts in the Wizzard of Oz play being done at the homeschool. She is most pleased and will do an outstanding job. Band will start soon for her too.

Quincy, Addy, Cade and Kyler, just go about their days bringing a lot of joy.

We started school last week. Mackenzie is a junior, Carter 6th, Reegan 3rd, Cael 2nd, and Quincy K. Home schooling went well for the first week.

This was a great weekend. Saturday, I redefined lazy. Sunday we went to church, Dean and I went out to eat, and then we went on a hike at Palisades State Park. After we had a picnic, and the kids raced on the beach. Minor meltdown by one unnamed child who does not handle not winning very well. Then Dean and I went on a bike ride after dark. Lots of fun!!

Monday was the pancake breakfast at the fire department. Good eating. Lunch with some friends. Then I got the visit of a lifetime from my biological dad, and his wife. Had not talked to or seen him since I think I was five. The visit was great and I enjoyed the time we had together. They were in Cedar Rapids on a stop while on vacation. Tourning some Western states and the Dakotas.

No comments:

Post a Comment