The Happel Crew

The Happel Crew
July 2012: Front row Carter and Cade. Middle row Addy and Reegan. Back row Me, Kyler, Quincy, Cael, Jaycie, Dean and Mackenzie

Psalm 127:3-5

Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their enemies in the gate.

Psalm 127:3-5
Dean and Dawn proud parents of these blessings:

Mackenzie Jo 19, Carter Dean 15, Reegan Marie 12, Cael Charles 11, Quincy Everett 9, Addelynn Ruth 7, Cade Joseph 5, Kyler Erwin 4, and Jaycie LeeAnn 2

Sunday, March 29, 2009

AAU State wrestling, Team Iowa, and Vacation

OK, we just got home from Des Moines, AAU State tourney, that darn 13th state title is eluding him!! He had a REALLY tough bracket, 3 state champs, and a 2 time runner-up. We told Carter go and have fun, we do not care, we do not need a state tourney to tell us you are a good wrestler. Better yet, that he is a great kid. He really wrestled well, getting himself into the finals again. This time though, he got beat 1-0. I know he expected to win, but I think he forgot to execute to win. This will make him better in the long run, I know he was bummed. Winning it back to back, he had visions of being a 6 time AAU state champ. He forgets this is irrelevant in the whole picture of life, this is a small stepping stone to the future.

We are leaving on Wednesday morning for Kingsport TN, where Carter will wrestle as a member of Iowa's AAU National Dual meet Team, they are returning as National Champs - HERE WE GO IOWA HERE WE GO!! A popular cheer yelled out by the Iowa crowd. This is a great time, and so much fun to wrestle as a team rather then against each other. The boys from the championship team last year got their National Championship jackets today and got to lead the grand march, before today's final rounds. I was so proud of Carter. Bonus, I got a coat too! Good timing, I really do not have much for spring jackets.

After TN, we are heading on vacation - YIPPEE. My only concern is the lengthy to-do list staring me in the face, and packing for a family of 10 to be gone for 12 days. I would publish this to-do list, but I honestly think it would be like reading a horror novel for most. Admittedly, I really do not want to see it in writing either - just keep it up in the steel trap I call my brain. I keep telling myself to just keep plugging away and it will all get done in time to leave. Being gone all weekend has not helped the cause, but I know when it comes time to roll out of here, we will be ready. If I forget anything, there is always a Wal-Mart around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment